This is your clearinghouse for local, state and national events.
Chapter meetings are a great way to get the latest information that will give you the edge you need to thrive in this changing environment. You’ll be able to network with key carrier reps, meet new people and share best practices with our industry’s best and brightest.
CAHU Legislative Day at the Casino (02/08/2018 - 2 CEs pending)
- A Legislative Update featuring a NAHU Live Webcast with Janet Trautwein, Executive Vice President & CEO
- Policy Updates from Tim Barhorst, Candidate for Ohio Representative of the 19th District and OAHU Legislative Chair and John McGough, OAHU Lobbyist
- The actions that have been taken by the Trump Administration and Congress to affect health policy during 2017;
- The specific policy proposals that have been and are under consideration or are being developed to change the health reform law;
- The political background, changes and processes that are leading to particular actions being made and how NAHU works to influence these processes;
- Policy positions of the association in affecting change in health reform at both the legislative and regulatory levels and what to expect in the coming year;
- Tools and resources for becoming active and engaged in these processes.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS:Janet Trautwein is the Chief Executive Officer of the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) and President of the National Association of Health Underwriters Education Foundation in Washington, D.C. NAHU represents more than 100,000 employee benefits professionals involved in the design, implementation and management of health plans all over the United States. Her responsibilities include oversight of all NAHU and NAHU Education Foundation activities including oversight for 30 staff members in Washington, DC and 210 state and local chapters. She is the primary spokesperson for NAHU to the media, government agencies and elected officials at all levels. A frequent speaker on health policy issues, Janet’s expertise in issues related to health insurance markets, the uninsured, health insurance pools, risk and reinsurance pooling, health related tax issues, and both national and global health reform has been recognized throughout the industry. Janet has testified before Congress numerous times, and has been published in major newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and The New York Times and has appeared on hundreds of radio and television programs around the world. Tim Barhorst, OAHU Legislative Chair, is also founder of Business Partners, Inc. , an employee benefits firm in Central Ohio. A licensed insurance agent for more than 20 years, he has long been active in our community and is a past president of the Kiwanis Club of Columbus and the Agonis Club of Columbus. He lives in Westerville with his son, Alex, who is a third grader in the Westerville school district. Tim is currently a candidate for Ohio Representative of the 19th District. John McGough, heads up an Ohio state government affairs consulting firm specializing in the representation of businesses and trade associations before the Ohio Legislature and state regulatory agencies, including OAHU. He provides consulting services to business coalitions and statewide ballot issue campaigns, and advises trade associations and businesses regarding the establishment and operation of political action committees.
This event is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, But Registration is Required.RSVP NOW!
EXPO 2018 - Lead, Follow or Abandon Ship (March 6, 2018)
- Increase Revenue
- Neutralize Competition
- Accelerate Profitability
- Deliver Unparalleled Value
OAHU State Meetings
Ohio Association of Health Underwriters Meetings are a great way to expand your knowledge base and influence.
NAHU Capitol Conference
NAHU Annual National Convention
Join NAHU during their Annual Meting where you’ll get an inside look about how the association works.
Chapter Officer Leadership Forums, Professional Development Workshop, Regional Meetings,
Awards Breakfast and much more.